Emjoi Epilator Reviews: Helping you pick the right one
Let my Emjoi epilator reviews help you in picking the perfect fit
In this article we will look at 5 different models of Emjoi Epilators. Emjoi is a well-reviewed brand of face and body epilators and a leader in hair removal. Hopefully this discussion of the features, benefits and drawbacks of the different models will help you make a decision about which one to choose.
Emjoi Optima Corded EpilatorThis epilator is designed to remove even the finest hair right from the root. It is a top end epilator in terms of budget considerations and offers long-lasting hair removal; hair is also finer when it grows back. There are very few negative reviews of this model of epilator.
Features of the Emjoi Optima
- Contoured design helps keep the skin taut so there is less pulling and discomfort
- Double-active surface for hair removal that is twice as fast
- Soft-touch grip – designed for ultimate comfort and control
- Uses a revolutionary tweezer-disc system, with dual-opposed head
- Dual-function shaver attachment for underarms and sensitive areas
Benefits of the Emjoi Optima
- Double heads make it much faster.
- Reviewers say hair removal effects last longer between sessions, whereas cheaper models need to be used more often and take longer.
- Reviewers comment that stubble does not appear after epilating.
- One reviewer says the Emjoi Optima is the right size.
- The 40 tweezers and dual spinning heads, as well as curved sides, helps reduce pain and reduce pinching of the skin.
- Effective around the knees and bikini line
- As it’s corded it’s more powerful than cordless models.
- Easy to clean
Disadvantages of the Emjoi Optima
- More expensive than other models
- Reviews show that sometimes the speed button gets stuck
- One reviewer said that the shaving attachment on this Emjoi Optima did not work
Emjoi AP-18R Emagine Dual Opposed 72 Tweezer Head Epilator, VioletThis model of Emjoi face and body epilator offers the most tweezers on the market and promises to remove most of the hair the first time, which saves you time and possible skin irritation. Let’s see what the reviews say about how effective it is.
Features of the Emjoi AP-18R
- Suitable for use on face and body
- Ergonomically designed
- 72 tweezers
- Patented glide technology – allows for less skin irritation
- Dual speed control
- Cordless and rechargeable
- Design gently assists to stretch the skin and increase comfort, helping to prevent ingrown hairs
- Removes hair as short as 0.5mm from the root.
Benefits of the Emjoi AP-18R
- Convenient rechargeability – you can epilate wherever it’s comfortable for you, which may not be within wire-length distance from the outlet.
- Easier to hold than some other models
- Opposing tweezer heads are more efficient for hair removal, especially if you are epilating a large area.
- Easy to clean
- This model has a double head which enables it to grab more hairs out faster.
- One reviewer commented that this model is less painful than other epilators.
Disadvantages of the Emjoi AP-18R
- It is a higher priced model.
- One epilator reviewer said that this model is very noisy when in use.
- It has been reported that there is often the need to go over the area more than once to remove all the hairs.
- Unlike other models, an optional shaving head is not included.
- The replacement epilating head is only available on the manufacturer’s website.
- One reviewer said that this epilator is less effective at getting hold of the shortest hairs, as it is advertised to do, possibly because the head is curved so the tweezers do not come in close enough contact.
- One reviewer said that this model doesn’t stay charged for very long
Emjoi Soft Caress Epilator – 36 Gold Plated Hypoallergenic Tweezers (Rechargeable)Much more affordable than the Emjoi AP-18R, this model offers a few extra features and is suitable for hair removal on lots of different body areas.
Features of the Emjoi Soft Caress Epilator:
- 24 four-karat gold plated Hypoallergenic tweezers and 36 patented tweezer-discs
- Rechargeable, operates both with cord and cordless
- Antimicrobial Protection against damaging bacteria
- Promises to remove hair on the legs, bikini line and underarms, including hair as short as 0.5 mm
- Contoured design which hugs your curves
- Soft touch grip fits comfortably in your hand.
- Extra features: massaging finger attachments, dual speed control and an adapter.
Benefits of the Emjoi Soft Caress Epilator:
- Great for a first-time epilator
- Reviews indicate that the pain reduction technology is very effective, helped by the vibrating edges and massaging finger.
- Works well with shorter hairs.
- Unlike some other models, one reviewer reports this epilator does not cut the hairs in half.
- Some reviews indicate that ingrown hairs are not a problem as they can be with other models.
Disadvantages of the Emjoi Soft Caress Epilator:
- Reviews indicate that this epilator can sometimes catch the skin which is painful.
- Some reviews report that stubble rapidly reappears after using this epilator.
- May be less effective with thicker hair, according to some reviewers
- Facial breakouts have been reported following use on the face.
Emjoi Divine Hair Remover, White/PinkThis epilator is the budget conscious option and offers pain-minimising technology.
Features of the Emjoi Divine
- This product removes hair using 36 tweezer discs
- Skin gets less irritated with the patented skin-glide technology which lifts up and removes hair by gliding the tweezer discs over the skin
- Flat and short hairs are guided into the hair-removal disc using patented hair guide channels.
- Pain minimised through massaging finger function
- Pulling and discomfort are minimised by the contoured design which helps keep the skin taut
- Hair removal to last up to 6 weeks
- Promises to remove hair as short as 0.5mm from the upper lip, chin, legs, bikini line and underarms
- Portable because it is battery operated
- Ergonomically designed handle for easy holding and use
- Dual speed control
Benefits of the Emjoi Divine
- Cost efficiency – a great way to try out epilating for the first time without taking a big risk
- Able to use it anywhere without being restricted by cord length
- Easy to clean
- Can be used plugged in to save on battery
- Unlike some epilators, reviewers say this one doesn’t grab the skin and tear it, due to the well rounded shape of the metal tweezer’s pieces.
- Effective at truly pulling hair from the root
- Sturdy unit, not breaking easily when dropped
Disadvantages of the Emjoi Divine
- The rounded shape of the head can make hair removal in certain places more difficult – e.g. around the knees.
- This epilator tends to drain batteries quite quickly.
One review says that when epilating regrowth this model doesn’t catch every single hair with a single pass.
Emjoi Epi Slim Epilator – Battery Operated (Latest Edition)This model is very affordable and offers a more powerful motor for better and less painful hair removal.
Features of the Emjoi Epi Slim
- Removes hair from even the most delicate areas such as upper lip, chin, bikini line and underarms.
- Works well for touch-ups on the legs
- 9 tweezers removes hair from the root.
Benefits of the Emjoi Epi Slim
- Reviewers say it’s very efffective for removing facial hair, and works much better than other methods of facial hair removal.
- A good size, and easy to hold
- Easy to clean
- Not very painful when used on the face
Disadvantages of the Emjoi Epi Slim
- Some reviewers say that you need to go over and over the same area to remove hair
- Reviewers with sensitive skin had some unfavourable skin reactions to the product
In this article I have covered the 5 most popular epilators in the Emjoi range. I hope this has given you a better idea of which epilator is the right one for you.
If you are looking for a budget friendly option, my recommendation would be the Emjoi Divine. At the price it sells for, you can’t go wrong. This is the ideal model for the first time epilator buer.
On the other hand, if you are looking for the absolute best Emjoi epilator, I would have to recommend that you go with the Emjoi Optima. As the name suggests, it is the top of the line epilator, and will not disappoint.