This article will take a closer look at the range of Remington Smooth & Silky epilators and examine their benefits and drawbacks to help you make a decision about which face and body epilator to buy. Remington has long been known to produce some of the best epilators on the market. Let’s find out if the smooth and silky range lives up to their reputation.
There are a few models available to meet your different needs both in the price and performance department.
Show 102550100 entriesSearch:
|Remington EP5000SS Smooth & Silky Women’s Rechargeable Epilator||$$$||3.2|
|Remington EP7030 Smooth and Silky Wet/Dry Face and Body Epilator||$$||3.6|
|Remington Smooth and Silky Full Size Epilator (EP6010)||$||3.9|
|Remington EP7010 Smooth and Silky Essential Epilator||$||3.1|
Showing 1 to 4 of 4 entriesPreviousNext
Remington EP5000SS Smooth & Silky Women’s Rechargeable Epilator
The Remington EP5000SS is an efficient body epilator which offers the convenience of being used both cordless and plugged in, and offers pain-reducing technology.
View the technical specifications here
Features of the Remington EP5000SS
- Perfectly positioned tweezers that are 50% more efficient in removing hair plus curved tweezer barrel
- Rechargeable for up to 60 minutes of cordless use
- Rollers infused with moisturising strip for smooth silky skin
- 2 speed controls
- Less painful: massaging fingers reduce the pulling sensation and stimulate flat-lying hairs.
- 2 year warranty
Benefits of the Remington EP5000SS
- One of the most inexpensive epilator models out there
- Added bonus of shaving head
- Easy to clean – fully removable heads
- Reviewers say that you get used to the pain quickly.
- The entire top can be taken apart to clean it, and it is easy to put back together.
- It is rechargeable and can be used while plugged in, making it more convenient than models that have to be unplugged to use.
- Remington Smooth & Silky reviewers say this epilator works very well on legs and is great for touch-ups in-between leg waxing.
Disadvantages of the Remington EP5000SS
- Not suitable for use in the shower/bath
- Some Remington Smooth & Silky reviews show that it can take a long time to epilate legs.
- This epilator is not recommended for use on the face, although some reviewers had done so.
- Some reviewers say that it is less effective as a face epilator, due to its size.
- One reviewer said this epilator was too painful for use on underarms.
- Some epilator reviews say you have to run this epilator several times over one spot to get the hair out, and that it can take over 5 minutes to get just one strip.
- It’s also been reported that hair can get caught in the same space after use, making the epilator difficult to clean.
- One reviewer observed that the charge does not last very long and as it runs out the speed is affected. It’s advised to keep it plugged in for best results.
See Amazon pricing for the Remington EP5000SS
Remington EP7030 Smooth and Silky Wet/Dry Face and Body Epilator
This Remington Smooth & Silky Face and Body Epilator is a lower price than the EP5000SS but has had excellent reviews.
View the technical specifications here
Features of the Remington EP7030
- 40 tweezers for fast effective epilation of even the shortest hairs, and up to 6 weeks of smooth skin
- Wet/dry for use in or out of the shower/bath
- Detail light reveals even the finest hairs
- Perfect count angle cap ensures optimal tweezing angle
- Flexible head allows you to adjust to body contours
- Also includes a massaging cap with aloe vera to soothe skin and a precision cap for face and detail areas.
- 2 speeds; for coarse and fine hair
- Removable head for easy cleaning
- Precision Cap for face and detail areas
- Massaging Cap with Aloe Vera to soothe skin
- 2 year limited warranty
Benefits of the Remington EP7030
- Can be used both in and out of the shower
- Remington Smooth & Silky reviews claim good results with facial hair for this face and body epilator.
- Reviewers say it works well on both fine and coarse hairs.
- Unlike some epilators which appear to only break the hairs off, this epilator is reported to actually remove the hair at the roots, as the roots are visible in the hair.
- Safety feature: it cannot be used plugged in, so you need to charge it before using it in water.
- According to review, its slower rotation speed, compared to some other face and body epilators, creates a much more effective epilating experience.
Disadvantages of the Remington EP7030
- The detail light, according to one epilator reviewer, can look somewhat purple-ish in places because of the colour of the plastic, and doesn’t show as much of the skin directly in front of the epilating head. The light seems a little far ahead of the area you are working on.
- One reviewer with coarse hair found it was not powerful enough to remove a lot of hair at a time.
Remington Smooth and Silky Full Size Epilator (EP6010)
An affordable, corded model of epilator offering two speeds.
Features of the Remington EP6010
- 2 speeds, for coarse and fine hair
- Greater comfort with a curved epilation head
- 42 tweezers, for faster epilation
- Corded use only – power cord.
- Cleaning brush & protective cap.
- 2 year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Benefits of the Remington EP6010
- An inexpensive model, good quality for money, and a saving on shaving and other methods of hair removal.
- A corded epilator can be less frustrating than a cordless one because cordless epilators lose their charge quickly. The cord is of a good length.
- Suitable for both coarse and fine hair because of adjustable speed
Disadvantages of the Remington EP6010
- Cannot be used wet
- One reviewer reported stubble in the initial stages, which indicates hair was not being removed from the root.
- Another reviewer remarked that this face and body epilator cuts hair rather than pulling it out.
- It has also been noted that this epilator can be quite slow and require you to go over and over the same patch several times.
- One reviewer said it was too powerful to use on the face.
Remington EP7010 Smooth and Silky Essential Epilator
If you’re looking for a simple model with no attachments to suit your budget requirements, this essential epilator could be just right for you. It offers precise and easy epilation for up to 6 weeks of smooth skin.
Features of the Remington EP7010
- 2 speed settings for ultimate control
- Perfect count angle cap to ensure optimal tweezing angle, enabling you to catch even shortest hairs
- 40 tweezers to remove hair from the root
- Easy to clean – removable head
- 2 speeds: for coarse and fine hair
- 2 year limited warranty
Benefits of the Remington EP7010
- Remington Smooth & Silky reviewers say that this model of epilator catches more hairs on the first pass.
- The design has been praised in reviews, for example the cap means that you hold the epilator at an angle to make it more efficient.
- One reviewer commented that this epilator does well at grabbing the hairs without breaking them off, which is a problem with some other models.
- Small, lightweight and easy and comfortable to hold.
- One reviewer says that this epilator didn’t pinch the skin or cause any skin rash.
- The cord length doesn’t seem to be a problem for reaching for example both armpits and legs in one session.
- The Remington EP7010 makes less noise than some other models.
Disadvantages of the Remington EP7010
- Some reviewers comment that the tweezer action of this epilator is less smooth than other models, however it’s not so harsh as to cause pain or damage.
- The lack of an LED light, available in higher-priced epilators, is a drawback when it comes to seeing the work area.
- One reviewer found that this epilator did not remove hair efficiently on the calf.